We spent a bit of time playing with Window sizes, Stacker Doors and Sliding Doors.
We found out more detail around:
- Initial site costs indicated
- Site Sitting Corrected after much discussion around the Garage dimensions drawn being incorrect
- Surprise! Bushfire assessment $7300!
- Windows to be set underneath eaves, because we elected to have eaves added. Which resulted in a confusing conversation about raising window height. I was concerned because I wanted to have the doors/windows finish at the same height and have bricks over the Windows. They said if I wanted to do this it would be about $5000 because of extra lintels required and that it doesn't look "bad"
Changes / Updates from Sales Quotes:
- Lounge Window Height changed to 600mm high x 2410mm wide in lieu of 1200mm high x 2700mm wide. We wanted no window due to the room being a Theatre Room, but this is not allowed in the BCA and states the window must be a minimum of 10% of the floor area. So we chose the smallest we could get taking into account the 10% rule and chose a standard window size from Stegbar and provided this to PD at Tender. There was no issues with this.
- Games / Alfresco Door changed to 2400mm high x 2400mm wide in lieu of 2100mm high x 2400mm wide Sliding Door
- Delete Study West Facing Window
- Make North facing Study Window Full height. 2400mm high x 1800mm wide in lieu of 1200mm high x 1800mm wide.
- Costs for Lounge Walls relocation and Double Doors included (But they wouldn't let us have the doors open to 180 degree, I'll get a carpenter to fix this after we move in)
- Rear Garage Door updated to 1020mm instead of 1200mm wide. (1200mm is to wide)
- Bed 2/3/4 Removed skinny 600mm high x 2410mm wide Windows for larger 1200mm hig x 1800mm wide Windows.
- Family / Alfresco Sliding Door changed to Stacking Sliding Door. Height changed to 2400mm high x 2700mm wide in lieu of 2100mm high x 2700mm Sliding Door.
- Added Aluminum Sliding Fly Screen Doors with Aluminum Mesh to Family Games Rooms.
- Cavity Sliding Doors to Pantry / Study
- Discussion around Doors for Ensuite but decided against it when cost came to $4000.
- Updated Entrance Door to 1020mm wide (not a 1200mm Pivot Door due to $4000 cost and little fingers) Door to be same as Epping Kallara Entrance.
- Hallway door specified as a WIN7FG with Transparent Glass on top for some privacy and light.
- RIMM door with Transparent Glazing for Pantry
- Cat3 Bricks (not sure if this was in early versions)
- Additional Manhole to Garage, can't relocate one in Hallway because of access requirements for hHating
- Store cupboard added to Study. Keeps the Study size looking the same as the display, but has a large storeroom for Media/Coms/AV stuff.
- Tiber Dumper to Ensuite Shower with separate Mixer.
- All Overhead Cupboard heights increased from 720mm to 920mm high and bulkhead/cornice above all cupboards. (Hate that dust on top of cupboards.)
- Change the Rangehood to Slide Out. Ensure that Rangehood is vented externally (no oil/smells in the roof please)
- Make sure all the Cupboards match, Shadow line, Pencil Edges, etc
- Glass Splashback to Kitchen/Pantry Walls.
- Caesarstone pricing fixed up. Cat1 for Kitchen/Ldry, Cat2 for everywhere else.
- Taps: Capped fresh water points to Fridge, and Toilets for Electronic Bidet. PD refused to do the Toilets, which we asked if there was a problem at Quote time. We said we will walk away from the deal (and we would have) and all of sudden they could add them
- Laundry Taps Under Bench for Front loading Washing Machine
- Acoustic R2.5 insulation to Theater Wall
- Upgraded Heating Ducts to 8" from 6" standard for Future Air Conditioner (Note this might still be to small)
- Added Additional Heating Ducts to Bathroom/Ensuite
- Full Tiling to Ensuite Wall, including upgrade of Stud Centers to 300mm spacing
- Stained Finish to Pantry and Hallway Doors
- Delete Raised Ceiling to Entry and Kitchen
- Won't do 100mm Slab to Garage. Wanted this for future mini Car Hoist. But Engineering needs all the specifications, locations, etc and it would need to be engineered, = lots more $$$. They really were not interested in helping at all here.
- Won't leave Skirting Boards off for future Flooring.
- Won't do Sink Cabinet to garage, but will do capped Hot, Cold and Waste Points.
- Cant move Meter Box Forward anymore because of Estate Restrictions.
|Page 11 (Build Time!)|